- Q. What's with the food theme?
1) Our mission is to support Meals on Us, a local non-profit food organization in Portland, Oregon. They provide healthy meals at no charge to those in need. So each and every Welsbro watch and strap is inspired by a food story. Mmmm!
2) Rich (the "head chef" at Welsbro) is a fiiiiiine home cook. Prior to his life in watches, he worked at some world famous restaurants (like Galatoire's in New Orleans). In addition to running Welsbro, he's a volunteer cook for Meals On Us.
- Q. Who made all these rad illustrations?
- Q. How did you revitalize an old trademark?
Lawyers and dreams.
- Q. What's your return policy?
14 day return policy on unworn items. More info can be found here.
- Q. Where are the straps made?
Welsbro straps are handmade in Italy by a family-operated leather company. Most of the leather is sourced locally in Italy, while some comes from the famed Horween Leather Company in Chicago.
- Q. Are the watches vintage or new? I'm confused!
Both! Welsbro watches are made with approximately 75% vintage parts and 25% new parts. The dials and hands are new - which give it that modern look. The case and mechanical parts are vintage. It's up-cycling at its yummiest.
- Q. Where are the watches made?
Welsbro watches are designed and hand assembled in Japan. As an assembleur, our watches are made with a hybrid of vintage and new parts from all over the globe. The movements and cases are vintage Swiss. The dials and hands are new from China. The leather straps are handmade in Italy. Everything is packaged in Portland, Oregon.
- Q. Are the watches unisex?
Yes. In some cases, you may need a shorter or a longer strap for a better fit.
- Q. Are the watches small-batch?
Yup. We are a tiny operation. Welsbro watches are released in batches of fewer than a hundred pieces per collection. The watches are incredibly rare and probably super valuable on ebay ;)
- Q. Are the vintage Welsbro watches for sale?
Currently, no. We are growing the Welsbro archive.
- Q. What if my Welsbro watch needs to be serviced?
Easy peasy! We have a 1-Year Warranty for any mechanical failures not caused by the wearer. In addition, we're happy to facilitate repair and servicing for needs outside the warranty. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
- Q. Can I eat the watches?